We are delighted with your interest in our website. The protection of your privacy when processing personal data and the security of all business data is a major concern for us that we take into consideration in our business processes. We will inform you here in detail about how we handle your data.
RESPONSIBLE BODY IN ACC. WITH ART. 4 PARA. 7 EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Company: STEINEL Normalien AG
Address: Winkelstraße 7, D-78056 Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
+49 7720 6928-0
RESPONSIBLE BODY FOR DATA PROTECTION
Name: Dr. Ralf W. Schadowski
Company: STEINEL Normalien AG
Address: Winkelstraße 7, D-78056 Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
+49 7720 6928-0
§ 1 LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- As far as we receive consent for the processing of personal data, art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is used as the legal basis.
- In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract, whose contractual party is the affected person, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR acts as the legal basis. This also applies for processing operations that are necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures.
- As far as processing of personal data is required for the performance of a legal obligation by which our company is bound, art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR is used as the legal basis.
- For the case that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require a processing of personal data, art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR is used as the legal basis.
- If the processing is required to maintain a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and IF the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned do not outweigh the former interest, art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR is used as the legal basis for the processing.
§ 2 DATA DELETION AND STORAGE PERIOD
- The personal data of the data subject is deleted or blocked if the purpose of storage no longer exists.
- Storage can also take place if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in Union legal regulations, laws or other regulations to which the responsible person is subject.
- A blocking or deletion of data is carried out even if a storage deadline prescribed by the above mentioned standards expires, unless that is a necessity for further storage of data for a conclusion of the contract or the performance of a contract.
§ 3 INFORMATION ON THE RECORDING OF PERSONAL DATA
- We hereby inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context after storage is no longer required, or restrict processing if there are legal obligations to retain data.
- If we make use of commissioned service providers for individual features of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
When the website is used merely for informational purposes, i.e. when you do not register or provide us with information in any other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you want to look at our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to show you our website and to ensure the stability and security (legal basis for this is art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Host name
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Contents of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Respectively transferred data quantity
– Website from which the request originates (referrer)
– The specific pages of our website that you visited
– Browser: Type, version and language selected
– Operating system: Type and version
– Screen resolution
– Colour depth
– Size of the browser window
– Installed browser plugins
- In addition to the previously specified data, our cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive allocated to the browser you are using through which certain information flows to the position that the cookie sets. Cookies cannot run any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet on the whole more user-friendly and effective.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, and their extent and functioning are described as follows:
– Transient cookies (on this a)
– Persistent cookies (on this b)
a) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These save a so-called session ID, which can be used to allocate various requests of your browser to the joint session. This can allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
b) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser's security settings at any time.
c) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the adoption of third-party cookies or all cookies. So-called "third party cookies" are cookies placed by a third party and therefore not by the actual website you are currently located. We would like to point out that not all functions of this website may be available.
§ 4 OTHER FUNCTIONS AND OUR WEBSITE OFFERS
- In addition to the purely informative use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you must generally provide more personal data that we use for the provision of the relevant service and for which the above principles on data processing apply.
- Sometimes we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are tied to our instructions and are regularly inspected.
- Provided that our service providers or partners are located in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this fact in the description of the offer.
§ 5 RIGHTS OF THE AFFECTED PERSON
Below we clarify your affected rights according to art. 15 GDPR. You may make use of these rights at any time and contact us directly with regard to this. Should you inform us that you are making use of these rights, we will examine this thoroughly, taking into account the related legal requirements and obligations. We will ask for more information from you if necessary. We will explain in detail the results of our audit and our approach to meet your request. It may be possible that we cannot fully meet your needs in the way you want.
This should not deter you from claiming your rights against us or checking with us in this regard. We will be happy to answer any enquiries you may have.
- Right to information
You have the right at any time to request information about whether and what data relating to your person is processed by us. This also includes information for the purposes of the processing, if necessary for recipients to whom we have disclosed your information, the planned storage period and, if applicable, the origin of this data if we did not record this directly from you. In addition, you have the right to a single free copy of your personal data stored by us. For the creation of the following copies, we reserve the right to charge a management fee.
- Right to correction
You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate data we have stored about your person. This includes the right to complete incomplete personal data.
- Right to deletion
You have the right to request the deletion of data we have stored about your person. Provided that we have published data about you, this also includes our commitment within the framework of the "right to deletion" in accordance with art. 17 para 2 GDPR, taking into account available technology and the cost of implementation of your deletion request, to forward all links to this data, as well as copies or replication of data concerning additional persons responsible for processing this published personal data.
- Right to restrict the processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of data we have stored about your person. According to this, a processing of this data is only possible with your consent or for a few, statutory purposes.
- Right to objection against the processing
Insofar as the processing of your personal data rests on the weighing up of interests, you may appeal against the processing. This is the case if the processing, in particular, is not required for the performance of a contract with you, which is depicted in the following description of the functions. Upon exercise of such a conflict, we ask for explanation of the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have. In the case of your justified opposition, we will examine the situation and either stop the data processing, adapt it or show you our compelling legitimate grounds upon which we continue processing.
You can naturally object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. Your opposition towards advertising can be sent to the contact details listed above.
- Right to revoke a privacy consent
If you have given consent to the processing of your data, you can cancel it at any time. Such cancellation affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
- Right to data transferability
You have the right to receive data about yourself that you have provided to us in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format for the purpose of transferring to a different responsible party. This includes the direct transfer from us to the other responsible party at your request and taking into account the existing technical possibilities.
- Right of appeal to a supervisory body
You have the right to complain at any time to a data protection authority about our processing of your personal data.
- Automated decision making including profiling
You have the right to receive information on the existence of an automated decision including profiling in accordance with art. 22, para 1 and 4 GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information about the involved logic, as well as the scope and the intended effects of such processing to the person concerned.
§ 6 INCORPORATION OF OTHER THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- On this site we also include content and service offers, from third parties, such as videos or fonts. By using these services, we can offer you a better user experience on our website. This serves our interest of the analysis, optimization, and enhances the attractiveness of our website. The legal basis for the use of these offers is art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Get more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing through the plug-in provider in the privacy statements of this provider specified in the following. There you will receive even more information about your relevant rights and options to protect your privacy.
(1) This website uses the web analysis services WiredMinds (www.wiredminds.de), in order to evaluate the user access on this website.
(2) Web beacons are used for evaluation purposes. These are invisible graphics by means of which your IP address is recorded. The following information is determined in a multi-stage process: Name and origin of the visiting company, visit date, value (depth) of the research, search engine, routing information. Your IP address is used only in abridged form and stored.
(3) You may object to the web analysis by WiredMinds via the following link: wm2.wiredminds.de/track/cookie_mgr.php?mode=dont_track_ask&websitesel=0634f42012043dfe&lang=en
(4) Information of the third party provider: wiredminds GmbH, Lindenspürstraße 32, 70176 Stuttgart; data protection information: www.wiredminds.de/en/privacy-statement
(1) When you visit one of our pages equipped with a Vimeo plugin, your browser connects to the servers of Vimeo. This is a service of the provider Vimeo Inc, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
(2) This results in a data transmission. This data is processed on Vimeo servers. Regardless of whether you have a Vimeo account or not, Vimeo collects data about you. This includes your IP address, technical information about your browser type, operating system or very basic device information. In addition, Vimeo stores information about which website uses the Vimeo service and what actions (web activities) you perform on our website. These web activities include, for example, the duration of the session, the bounce rate or the button you clicked on our website with an integrated Vimeo function.)
(3) If you are logged in as a registered Vimeo member, more data can usually be collected because more cookies may already have been set in your browser. In addition, your actions on our website are directly linked to your Vimeo account. To avoid this, you can log out of Vimeo while "surfing" our website.
(4) We would like to point out that the USA is not a safe third country in the sense of EU data protection law. American companies are obliged to disclose personal data to the security authorities without you as a data subject being able to take legal action. Therefore, it cannot be ruled out that U.S. authorities (e.g. intelligence agencies) may process your data on U.S. servers for monitoring purposes. We have no influence on these processing activities. Before you play the video with Vimeo support, you will be informed about the use of Vimeo and asked for your consent to the data transfer.
(5) For more information on data processing and privacy notices by Vimeo, please visit https://vimeo.com/privacy